Exclusively available at the Work-Life & Wellness Expo:
1. All benefit-eligible employees can join the WellBAMA wellness program. You can pre-register for the screening at Coleman Coliseum.
2. Free flu shots provided by University Medical Center staff.
3. Free hearing test by UA Speech & Hearing Center in the “Hear Here Alabama” bus! (parked outside of Coleman Coliseum on the side facing the School of Law).
4. Free blood pressure check by MedCenter Urgent Care.
5. Free vision screening by Walmart Vision Center.
6. Free electrocardiogram (EKG) by Electrophysiology of Alabama.
7. NEW! Free skin analysis by Crimson Care.
8. NEW! Free Body Mass Index (BMI) screening by Crimson Care.
9. Free Shingrix shingles vaccine or Prevnar pneumonia vaccine from Winn-Dixie Pharmacy.
|Category||Vaccine||Minimum Age||Insurance Requirement|
|Employees & Spouses||Shingles||50 years old||Covered by the UA employee health plan administered by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama and OptumRx.|
|Employees & Spouses||Pneumonia||60 years old||Covered by the UA employee health plan administered by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Alabama and OptumRx.|
|Retirees||Shingles or Pneumonia||60 years old||Covered by PEEHIP or any other BC/BS plan.|
- To learn more about shingles, visit the Centers for Disease Control website. The Shingrix vaccine requires two doses, separated by 2 to 6 months, and is more than 90% effective.
- To review Prevnar vaccine information, visit the FDA website.